NEW FOR 2018! The Quest Center for Art & Community Development, a 501(c)(3) music education program, is pleased to offer Music Exploration for Pre-Schoolers as part of our 2018 curriculum. This program is being offered so all children can have the opportunity to explore, play and create music. Our objective is to provide them with the confidence and fundamental tools to do all three. Recommended for ages 4-6; knowledge of the alphabet helpful.
In general, students AND THEIR PARTICIPATING ADULT will explore the following material:
- familiarity with basic musical tones;
- develop a sense of rhythm;
- identify notes on a musical staff;
- locate note positions on a keyboard;
- read & play basic lines of music;
- begin gaining confidence that comes from socialized playing with others.
- This class is most appropriate for students with little or no musical experience.
COST: $10 per session. Financial assistance available for qualified families.