BEGINNER GUITAR LEVEL 1 Students will learn and apply the following material:
• recognize basic musical symbols;
• identify notes on a musical staff;
• locate fret board positions for notes;
• create clear, resonate tones;
• learn simple chord formats;
• read & play basic lines of music;
• begin gaining confidence that comes from playing with and for others.
This class is most appropriate for students grades 4-12 with little or no experience, or who want to re-connect with the instrument.
NOTE: This is a short, 8-week introduction to guitar theory and playing. It is not a substitute for our full-year curriculum that begins in September.