The Quest Center has grown beyond our projections! To support continued growth and future development, we are hiring an experienced, part-time Grant Writer, following an initial Contract period. BROAD DESCRIPTION: responsible for the full range of activities required to research, qualify, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. Detailed job description & qualifications below. Serious, qualified inquiries only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with interest and credentials.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- In-depth understanding of institutional mission, history and programs.
- Maintain monthly grant calendar for application submission and reports, ensuring timely submission.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track and report statistical and impact reports as required by grantors and Quest Center Management.
- Develop & assist with other fundraising project (traditional and non-traditional) as requested by Quest Center Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong and forthcoming verbal communication skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources & qualification criteria for institutional donors.
- Knowledge and familiarity with fundraising techniques & effort-appropriate, effective strategies.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing.
- Demonstrated success (win:submission ratio) successfully receiving grant funding for non-profits.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Conduct all activities with the utmost level of professionalism, consistent with the mission, values and goals of the Quest Center; perform duties with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
- American Grant Writers' Association (AGWA) or Grant Professionals Association (GPA) certification a plus.